Emilio Estevez Clarifies Hes Not Anti-Vax After Exiting Mighty Ducks Series
The Gordon Bombay depicter on the Disney+ series explains that his decision to quit from the show’s production is ‘nothing more than a good old fashioned contract dispute.’
AceShowbiz –Emilio Estevez has spoken out about the ongoing speculations that he left “The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers” due to vaccination rules. In a new interview, “The Outsiders” star stated that he’s “not anti-vax.”
“I am not anti-vaxx. Full stop,” the 59-year-old actor told Deadline on Monday, November 8. He further stressed, “I take this pandemic very seriously and I am often teased about my continued following of the safety protocols and my abundance of caution. While I can’t speak for anyone else in regards to this polarizing, sensitive issue, I have my own lived experience.”
Emilio went on to explain that his decision was “nothing more than a good old fashioned contract dispute” and “a myriad of creative differences.” He also shared that he previously contracted COVID-19 in 2020.
Emilio tested positive after filming the pilot for the Disney+ series, which premiered earlier this year. The son of Martin Sheen claimed that he had “already started wearing face coverings, gloves and using hand sanitizer” when he drove to Vancouver when production began “due to news of ‘an emerging disease,’ which would eventually be known as ‘Covid 19.’ “
While driving back to California, Emilio said that he “became noticeably ill” and “begged several doctors to be tested” for coronavirus. “After multiple efforts, I finally received a car side Covid-19 PCR test on March 13, 2020. I continued to become increasingly sick, suffering from fever, sweats, brain fog and mood swings,” so said “The Breakfast Club” actor.
“On March 17, 2020, I got word I had indeed contracted Covid-19. Thankfully I refrained from visiting my elderly parents and others until I received my results. I had discussions with doctors and contact tracing personnel from the L.A. County Department of Health,” Emilio remembered. He added, “I suffered the summer and fall of 2020 from what we now know as ‘Long Haul Syndrome.’ “
Upon returning to the “Mighty Ducks” series, Emilio said that he “reluctantly soldiered on” with work, but admitted that he “was uncertain about how I would be safe on set.” Though he “questioned the wisdom” of filming “in the middle of a pandemic,” the star alleged that he was “repeatedly told” by producers, “You have natural immunity! You’ll be the safest one on set.”
“So I returned to Vancouver. I followed the Canadian quarantine mandate as well as the strict ‘Zone A’ on set Covid protocols,” Emilio explained. “I did not complain, nor did I release my diagnosis to the public. I wanted to try and preserve the show morale and be a leader, however, while still suffering from Long Haul Syndrome.”
Emilio noted that “the legacy of the franchise was more important” to him than his own health. He concluded, “In retrospect, I wrongly chose to protect the show over being transparent about having contracted Covid-19.”
Source: Read Full Article