Nikki Grahame's dad David lost cancer battle just nine days after Big Brother star died of anorexia

NIKKI Grahame's dad David tragically lost his battle with pancreatic cancer just nine days after his daughter died of anorexia.

The former Big Brother star, 38, passed away last month and her body was found in her London home after she was discharged from Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester.

Her mother Sue, 66, has now heartbreakingly revealed that her ex-husband and Nikki's father David passed away just days later.

Speaking to The Sunday Mirror, Sue detailed of how she and David begged nurses not to let her leave the facility after a three-week recovery stay.

Nine days after Nikki was found dead, David passed away – with Sue revealing he was fighting to get their daughter help despite his illness.

"I am destroyed," she said of her loss. "There is part of me that's lost forever. My fight to get Nikki well again started 30 years ago. In the end, I lost her."

Sue described trying to get Nikki help as "the fight from hell" as she reflected on the reality star's final few weeks.

She and David worked to get their daughter admitted to hospital as they worried about her deteriorating condition, but Nikki was determined to come home and be discharged.

Sue said: "The nurses were amazing but I told every single one, 'She mustn't go home'. Her father called and told the hospital, 'If you let her leave, Nikki will die'."

The parents weren't aware of some of the complex medical conditions Nikki had at the time of her release from hospital, including bradycardia, a slow heart rate, hypoglycaemia, low blood sugar, and a cracked pelvis.

Sue revealed that two weeks prior to her death, she had been admitted to hospital after fracturing her lower spine after taking a tumble.

She said it was then doctors told her that Nikki's condition was "life-threatening" as her weight plummeted to the lowest she "had ever been since adulthood".

After Nikki was discharged from Dorset County Hospital, Sue said they often spoke on the phone, even chatting at 3:30am on the day her daughter's body was found.

When Sue didn't hear from the Big Brother star that day, she contacted a friend to go to her flat and check on her, where it was discovered she had passed away around 4:30pm.

The doting mother was on a train when she learned the news, and two strangers helped her catch connections to make it quickly to London.

Sue said she cradled and kissed her daughter in their final moments together, despite Nikki's OCD previously preventing her from sharing intimate moments with her parents.

The mum hopes to take Nikki's ashes to Tahiti on what would have been her 40th birthday in 2022, as the star "loved Marlon Brando film Mutiny on the Bounty".

Health chiefs have since launched an investigation into Nikki's death after her family claimed she was wrongfully released too early, weighing five stone when she died.

The Sun exclusively revealed how the Dorset Country Hospital Foundation Trust, which runs the hospital, have launched a review into the case.

A spokesperson for the hospital said: "Staff at the Trust were deeply saddened to learn of the death of Miss Grahame, and our thoughts are with the family and friends of Miss Grahame at this very difficult time.

"A full internal investigation into the circumstances of Miss Grahame's death is currently underway. This is in line with standard procedures following any sudden death."

Nikki rose to fame on the 2006 series of Big Brother and quickly gained an army of fans who conned her iconic phrase: 'Who is she?'.

The star had struggled with anorexia for much of her life, having first been admitted to a psychiatric hospital at the age of 12.

Since her passing, Nikki's friends reactivated a fundraiser to help her heartbroken family pay for the funeral, as well as donate money to charity to help others with eating disorders.

    Source: Read Full Article