Who is Amber Gill? Meet the Love Island star who's now single after shock recoupling
AMBER Gill has made a truce with love rival Joanna Chimonides, however, there are still underline issues between her and Michael Griffiths – but could they get back together? Get all the latest gossip on the beauty therapist…
Who is Love Islander Amber Gill?
Amber describes herself as someone with a big personality that gets on really well with others.
"People think I’m funny," the beauty therapist from Newcastle said before the show. "I don’t take myself too seriously and I’m always up for a laugh.
"I’ll be good on challenges and dates. I’m kind and like to include everyone. I like to make friends with everybody."
That said, the other Islanders shouldn't push their luck as it sounds like she's got a bit of a temper on her too.
"I can be hot-headed," she added. "I’m loud and some people don’t appreciate that. I’m quite opinionated."
Fortunately, she doesn't suffer with low self-esteem and rates herself as a ten out of ten when it comes to looks: "You’ve got to love yourself. What’s the point if you don’t?"
The Geordie beauty is said to have splashed out on a £400 bum lift, known as the Lipofirm Pro, before entering the villa.
She had the noninvasive procedure at The Salon Bodyworks in Newcastle.
The owner of the salon, Judy Mahoney told The Sun Online: "A beauty therapist herself, Amber is no stranger to cosmetic treatments, but she wanted to look her best to make sure she bagged the hottest boys.
"The LP Buttock Lift using the Lipofirm Pro device is a non-surgical tightening and toning solution to reshape and contour the buttocks.
"The treatment instantly lifts the buttocks, leaving the area looking more firm and toned."
What has happened to Amber Gill on Love Island so far?
- Amber was one of the first girls to go into the villa along with Amy. She didn't like the look of any of the guys but favoured Callum who came in last. However, after they coupled up she complained that he was "boring".
- Amber was hoping Tommy was going to pick her when he got to choose a girl to couple up with, but he went for Lucie.
- After Lucie told Tommy she still quite liked Joe, he made a play for Amber – who told viewers he needs to work harder if he wants to win her.
- Amber refused to be second best and was enraged when Joe tried to crack on with her just to make Lucie jealous.
- Having grown tired of her partner Callum, Amber choose Anton Danyluk as her new man, meaning Callum got dumped from the island.
- Although she's currently coupled up with Anton, she has taken a fancy to dishy fireman Michael Griffiths.
- Amber and Michael enjoyed their first kiss in episode 8, but that wasn't before she dodged his initial offer for a smooch, as her breath was "smelly" following a sip of coca cola.
- Amber was not happy to learn that Maura Higgins had picked Michael to be one of her dates following her arrival, saying: "I am really bothered! But I can’t let anyone else see that".
- Maura has rubbed Amber the wrong way after having served Michael a dessert during their date while the beauty expert watched from the terrace.
- Once new girls Maura and Elma were officially introduced to the rest of the contestants, Amber made it no secret that she was unhappy with Michael by walking past him and Maura to greet Elma instead.
- Amber inserted herself in the Maura, Molly-Mae and Tommy drama, by quizzing the model on her behaviour, insisting she should have spoken to the social media influencer before making a play for the boxer.
- Molly-Mae went to confront Maura after receiving a pep talk from Amber. Later Amber and Michael coupled up during episode 12's recoupling.
- Amber learned via text that she would be heading out on her first date with firefighter Michael Griffiths, and it was a hit! The two discussed life on the outside and Michael admitted that he thought his family would love her.
- Amber struggled to keep her cool after Danny dumped Yewande, causing her BFF to leave the villa. The pair butted heads even more when she saw him kissing Arabella but time helped to heal the wound.
- The beauty technician took pride in the fact a Love Island fan said Michael is "whipped" by her and playfully gloated about the remark following the Online Buzz game in episode 21.
- Amber and Michael were voted by the public as one of the top three couples, alongside Tommy and Molly-Mae and Lucie and Anton, who then had to decide which two Islanders to dump from the villa. The couple also got into a spat as tensions rose in the villa.
- The Newcastle native has refused to crack on with any of the new guys in Casa Amor out of respect for Michael, but he might not do the same.
- Amber was visibly upset when she returned to the villa in episode 26 to find Michael Griffiths had chosen Joanna to couple up with, instead of her.
- The 21-year-old insulted Joanna, by calling her a "dead ting", before crying in Ovie Soko's arms.
- At afternoon tea with Joanna, Amber agreed to be civil with the social media influencer and admitted her issues lied with Michael not the beauty in episode 28.
- Amber then accepted Michael's apology and thinks he still has feelings for her.
- Michael, Joanna and Amber had a three-way chat to clear the air on what exactly was said between Amber and Michael after his shock recoupling with Joanna.
What controversy did Amber Gill land in?
Amber was forced to deny she's racist after deleting a post saying she 'doesn't like black guys.'
The 21-year-old, whose dad is from Trinidad and Tobago, insisted the comment had been taken out of context after the old post, from December 2018, was unearthed.
In the image, which has now been deleted, Amber can be seen sticking up her middle fingers as a black man approached her in a club.
She wrote alongside it: “Look at my face u know I’m about to boot off. [sic]”
She then quoted the man as saying: “I seen you staring at me all night”, to which she replied: “First of all I don’t like black guys X’.”
The original image was shared by a friend, who wrote alongside it: “Amber SICK of her life with another lad talking s***e."
Her rep denied she was racist and they told the Metro: "We deleted the post as it was being taken out of context in regards to what actually happened.
"The guy was pestering Amber all evening, and she said he was old enough to be her Dad, so was referring to “I don’t date black guys” because he reminded her of her own Father.
"The next part of [her] story stated this, but as the whole thing was being taken out of context we simply deleted."
They added: "Obviously she’s not racist – her own father is from Trinidad/Tobago.
"She just didn’t want to date someone that looked the double of her Dad."
How does Love Islander Amber Gill know Adam Collard and Ellie Brown?
Turns out, all three of them come from Newcastle and have crossed paths a fair few times over the years.
Commenting on her claim to fame, Amber said: "I know a few of the former Islanders from Newcastle, like Adam Collard and Ellie Brown.
"Everyone knows everyone in Newcastle!"
What is Love Islander Amber Gill's type on paper?
Amber has admitted her celebrity crush is Tom Hardy.
"He’s just nice and he loves dogs as well and I love dogs," she explained. "He takes his dog on the red carpet and I just love that so much."
However, when asked what kind of guy she was looking for in the villa, Amber said that she didn't really have a type as such.
"I like tall guys who are muscly and athletic, I like people that go to the gym because that’s what I like," she added.
"I want someone who is funny and that I can have fun with and doesn’t take themselves too seriously because I am daft.
"Looking at my past relationships, I don’t really have a type, it’s quite broad. If someone catches my eye then I’ll go for them."
Has Amber Gill ever cheated on a boyfriend?
Definitely not — and the Love Islander prides herself on how loyal she is.
Unfortunately though, she has been cheated on during a relationship.
Opening up about her dating history prior to Love Island, she said: "I’ve never cheated. I am not planning on having a wandering eye.
"You’re dating someone and coupling up but if I have to go for someone else then I have to. I’d obviously tell the guy and explain I liked someone else.
"I’ve been cheated on several times. I’m not as naive as I was then, I’ve just learnt to be careful from it.
"Not everyone has your best interests at heart."
LATEST LOVE ISLAND GOSS
‘clever girl’ Love Island fans claim Maura wants Curtis for Dancing In The Stars role
MATTERS OF THE HART Why did Amy Hart quit Love Island, is Curtis Pritchard to blame?
SNOG MARRY AVOID Amber says she wants to SNOG Love Island’s 'super fit' George
When can I watch Love Island on ITV2?
Series five kicked off on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 9pm with a bumper launch show and the first coupling.
You’ll be able to get your fix of the show every night on ITV2 where the main show will give us the lowdown on all the goings-on in the villa – from couples cracking on to singletons getting mugged off.
Saturday night's show differs from the rest of the week, as it is a round-up of all the best bits from the villa that week – and maybe some unseen footage!
If that’s not enough, you can also watch Caroline Flack's spin-off show Aftersun on Sunday nights at 10pm after the main show has aired where she discusses the latest action with celebrity guest as well as those eliminated from the villa.
Like 2018, the show is likely to last eight weeks meaning the grand final could be around July 29, 2019.
Source: Read Full Article