Boozed-up woman wielding prosecco bottle urinated in street before spitting in cop's face

A BOOZY woman wielding a prosecco bottle urinated and vomited in front of cops before spitting in an officer's face.

Police found Ayesha Mervyn, 21, lying on the street outside a McDonalds in Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester and rushed to help her.

Mervyn, who was carrying a bottle of rose wine and prosecco, staggered away from cops as they approached, Manchester Magistrates' Court heard.

After refusing to give them her details, Mervyn, from Stretford, urinated in the street after vomiting on the floor.

Officers then arrested her for being drunk and disorderly, prompting her to spit in one of their faces.

Cops then wrestled her to the floor as the officer attempted to get the spit out of her eye.

She pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly and assaulting an
emergency worker, receiving a 20-week sentence suspended for 18 months.

Prosecutor Gareth Hughes said officers were patrolling at around 9pm
on March 2 when they spotted Mervyn on the floor.

He told the court of the shocking moment she spat at the cop.

He said: “One of the officers had hold of her right arm and then the defendant turned towards her and spat directly into her face, with the spit going into her hair, down the left side of her head and into her eye.”

“She was taken to the floor by the other officers while this officer attempted to get spit out of her eye.

“Members of the public ran over handing the officer tissues and antibacterial wipes.

“She also said there was an excessive amount of saliva dangling down from her hair and face.”

Mervyn is also said to have made an outrageous sexual comment towards the officer.


In a statement read to the court, the police officer said they felt 'degraded' after the incident.

They said: “I have never been spat at, nor have I been assaulted in my career before.

“She spat at me in front of numerous members of the public, I found it degrading and embarrassing.

"It is the lowest form of physical abuse and it will have a long
standing impact on my emotional state."

They added: “I was trying to help her and this is how I was treated.”

Mervyn was said to have previous convictions – including two assaults on police officers; a public order offence; and shoplifting.

Defence lawyer Stephen Connor said that his client felt "genuine remorse" after the incident, and cited her difficult upbringing in which she was subjected to exploitation and abuse.

“These issues need to be addressed – she needs a form of therapy to help her to come to terms with these issues,” Mr Connor said.

“She is thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed of her actions and has apologised directly to the officer concerned.”

Mervyn, of Highfield Road, was also sentenced to 20 days of
rehabilitation activity requirements; ordered to pay £250 compensation
to the officer; and made subject of a 20-week curfew.

Source: Read Full Article