Moped muggers 'took turns stabbing man, 31, to death for his £7k Rolex as he walked with girlfriend'

MOPED muggers took turns stabbing a 31-year-old man to death for his £7,000 Rolex as he walked home from a night out with his girlfriend, a court has heard.

Danny Pearce was killed while walking home with Stephanie Holland after a night out at Oliver's Jazz Club in Greenwich, southeast London.

He was fatally injured after allegedly refusing to hand over his watch to two men who cornered him in the street.

Prosecutors at Inner London Crown Court today told jurors Mr Pearce was shot and stabbed by balaclava-wearing robbers who had been hunting for victims in Greenwich.

Louis Malby, for the CPS, said one of the thugs had a "pistol in his hand, described as an old-fashioned revolver".

"The other one had a knife in his hand and in Stephanie Holland's view it was curved," he said.

"Stephanie shouted, 'Run!'. As she was running down the street she heard shots fired."

Mr Pearce was chased through the streets before Jordan Bailey-Mascoll knifed him.

The 28-year-old has been convicted of murder and is serving a life sentence, jurors heard.

A second man – who prosecutors claim was David Egan, 24 – then cornered him on the front steps of a flat, where he was knifed again, the court heard.

Mr Malby said: "Quite by chance there was a camera pointing right at the steps, and it covered the area of the steps and the bonnet of the car.

"There were two things that happened that we would have never been aware about.

"The first, is that as well as the attacks at the bonnet of the car, as well as the steps, there was a lot more chasing up and down the street and that is caught on the CCTV.

"The second is perhaps even more significant, when the footage is examined you can see that the two men actually swap positions and they take it in turn to stab Danny Pearce."

Mr Pearce's blood was found on the bonnet of a parked car, while the prosecutor said: "The steps were literally dripping with blood."

"There is a wall on one side and railing on the other. Mr Pearce was trapped on those steps with this defendant attacking him with the knife," he said.

"He had already been stabbed by that stage by Bailey-Mascoll and he knew that he would be stabbed again.

"He was banging on the door hoping someone would let him in.

"In the end someone did open the door – but it was too late."

Jurors heard the men pulled off Mr Pearce's watch as Ms Holland ran back towards her boyfriend.

"She was wearing high heels – she was running up and down the street trying to protect her boyfriend," Mr Malby said.

Mr Pearce was dragged into the flat but nothing could be done to save him.

The court was shown harrowing footage of the alleged attack, which recorded Mr Pearce's last moments and his girlfriend's anguished screams.

Egan denies murdering Mr Pearce on July 15 2017.

The defendant, of Ashmead Road, Deptford in south-east London, also denies three counts of robbery and two of possessing an offensive weapon.

He also denies possessing a gun in a public place, and possessing an imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence.

Prosecutors allege he had carried out a series of moped robberies between 11 and 15 July armed with knives, a gun or both.

The trial continues.

Source: Read Full Article