Prince Harry discovered Philip's death when COPS turned up at his LA home after he 'missed several calls'

PRINCE Harry was finally told of his grandfather's death when he was visited by police – after failing to answer calls, it's reported.

Cops were forced to visit the royal's LA home after he didn't pick up to US Embassy officials who called after 3am to tell him of Prince Philip's death, TMZ reports.

đŸ”” Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates

After repeated attempt to contact Harry, the Embassy representative allegedly called the sheriff's department in Santa Barbara to ask that an officer be sent to the Duke's home in Montecito.

Harry was finally told of Philip's death after a cop arrived at the gates of the property he shares with Meghan and told him to call the Embassy urgently.

It's not known whether the royal's ringer was turned off or if he and Meghan are simply sound sleepers.

Prince Philip died on the morning of April 9 at Windsor Castle, eight time zones ahead of California.

It's understood the Royal Family was desperate to tell Harry of the death personally to spare him the distress of learning the news in the media first.

The Duke later returned to the UK for the funeral without pregnant Meghan, who was advised not to travel by her doctors.

He revealed last week he'd been "afraid" to return and see his family face-to-face for the first time in a year.

Philip died just a month after Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah aired.

During the bombshell chat, the pair made allegations that a senior royal had made a racist comment about the colour of Archie's skin while Meghan was still pregnant.

Oprah later clarified neither the Queen nor the Duke of Edinburgh had been responsible for the comment.

However, the revelations made during the interview are thought to have made The Firm even more eager to alert Harry of Philip's death.

During his return, he spoke privately with brother William and father Charles, and millions of royal fans hoped a reconciliation was on the way.

However, Harry has since given more interviews – and in a new documentary claimed his life was a "nightmare" between the ages of 28 and 32.

In The Me You Can't See, the Duke accused the royals of showing "total neglect" for his mental health woes.

And he claimed Charles caused him to "suffer" and didn't "make it right" for him after his mother's death in 1997.



    Source: Read Full Article