Queen gets back to work at Windsor Castle just weeks after Philip’s funeral
The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
The Queen has held two video calls at Windsor Castle just weeks after Prince Philip's death.
Royals gathered to pay their respects to the Duke of Edinburgh earlier this month at St George's Chapel.
In an earlier speech from 1997, Her Majesty described her husband of 73 years as her "strength and stay all these years".
Prior to the funeral, Buckingham Palace also released a moving unseen picture of the pair on holiday together in the Scottish Highlands.
Despite her grief, the Queen has already got back to work.
Her Majesty held audiences with the Ambassador from the Republic of Latvia and the Ambassador from the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire.
In an earlier message, the Queen thanked people across the world who had sent tributes following the duke’s death.
She said: “I have, on the occasion of my 95th birthday today, received many messages of good wishes, which I very much appreciate.
“While as a family we are in a period of great sadness, it has been a comfort to us all to see and to hear the tributes paid to my husband, from those within the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and around the world.”
Royal author Omid Scobie, who wrote Prince Harry and Meghan Markle biography Finding Freedom, claims the Duke of Sussex visited his grandmother twice while back in the UK.
Harry flew back to be with his pregnant wife shortly after the funeral and missed Her Majesty’ 95th birthday on April 21.
It was the first time he has been seen in public with the royals since his explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which he admitted he was having "space" from his brother and claimed that he had barely spoken to his father.
And Russell Myers, the Daily Mirror’s royal correspondent, said he did receive a “frosty” reception from certain sections of his family upon his return.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
“Some quarters of the family did give him a frosty reception and perhaps that did shock him somewhat,” he said on talkRADIO.
Harry is due to return to the UK in July for the unveiling of a statue of his late mother Princess Diana – something that he organised with his brother.
But that could coincide with the birth of his new girl and, given the supposed tensions, Russell believes this might stop him coming over.
- Prince Philip
Source: Read Full Article