Queen ‘took two seconds to decide to bar Harry from Remembrance Day ceremony’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were pictured walking through Los Angeles National Cemetery on Remembrance Sunday in November as the Queen, Prince Charles and Kate Middleton attended a service at the Cenotaph.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex looked sombre dressed in all black except for Harry’s military medals and a red poppy.
It quickly emerged Meghan and Harry had been refused permission for a £1,000 wreath to be laid on his behalf at the Cenotaph, a war memorial in London.
At the time, it was reported palace sources made the decision without discussing it with the Queen, but a source now claims Her Majesty was behind the refusal.
According to the Daily Mail, Prince Harry’s grandmother took “all of two seconds” to deny the Duke of his request and she had "very strong views" on the subject too.
Writing in her column for the publication, Rebecca English claims the Queen is "firmly" of the opinion "you can't pick and choose what you do when it comes to the institution."
She added that "noting is done without her knowledge" and Her Majesty would have especially had a hand in Remembrance Sunday, a sacred day for the Queen.
The source reportedly said: "Remembrance Sunday is sacrosanct when it comes to Her Majesty's diary.
"It's one of the most important dates in her calendar and nothing is done without her knowledge.
"People were suggesting the Palace's reaction to what Harry asked was petty. But it was the Queen's decision. And what's more, she actually had very strong views on the subject."
Prince Charles' 'joke pet name for Camilla shows he's dependent on her', expert claims
A second source told Ms English: "While she has enormous admiration for Harry's achievements both in and out of the military, this was seen as an example of his lack of understanding at what it means for him to be a non-working royal.
"The Queen is very firmly of the opinion that you can't pick and choose what you do when it comes to the institution. Either you are in — or you are out."
The snub didn’t stop Prince Harry paying his respects on Remembrance Sunday and chose to speak alongside other veterans on military podcast Declassified.
He told host Michael Coates: "When I get asked about this period of my life, I draw from memories, I draw from what I remember and who I remember.
"Like the first time we were shot at and who I was with, the first casualties we saw, and those we saved. And the first medivac we escorted out of contact in a race against time. One served always serving, no matter what."
Daily Star Online has approached Buckingham Palace for comment.
Source: Read Full Article