Sixth Cuomo accuser claims he 'touched her inappropriately at governor's mansion' as he faces calls to resign

A SIXTH Andrew Cuomo accuser has claimed he touched her inappropriately as he faces calls to resign.

The anonymous woman claimed the incident happened during an encounter at his mansion last year, the Times Union reported.


She was reportedly summoned to the Albany, New York, home for work late last year.

Acting counsel to the governor, Beth Garvey, told the outlet: "All allegations that we learn of directly or indirectly are going promptly to the investigators appointed by the attorney general."

According to the outlet, the woman is a member of the Executive Chamber staff.

The Sun has contacted Governor Cuomo's team for comment.


The woman joins former aides Charlotte Bennett and Lindsey Boylan in making accusations against the governor.

Bennett has alleged that Cuomo sexually propositioned her, telling her he was "lonely" and he wanted a girlfriend and was willing to sleep with a younger woman. 

Cuomo addressed her allegations by confessing to "unwanted flirtation" and said he was "truly sorry" if he upset anyone with his "banter."

Lindsey Boylan denounced the New York governor as a "monster."


A third woman, Anna Ruch, also came forward and told The New York Times that Cuomo touched her lower back, then grabbed her cheeks and asked to kiss her at a September 2019 wedding.

Cuomo also allegedly asked staffer Ana Liss, now 35, if she had a boyfriend and once touched her lower back at an event, according to a report.

Cuomo's representative Jack Stern issued a statement to The Sun on Saturday night on behalf of the governor's Senior Advisor Rich Azzopardi.

"Reporters and photographers have covered the governor for 14 years watching him kiss men and women and posing for pictures," it read.

"At the public open-house mansion reception, there are hundreds of people, and he poses for hundreds of pictures. That’s what people in politics do."

In addition to Liss, another woman opened up this weekend about her experience working with Cuomo over two decades ago.

A former press aide of Cuomo, 62-year-old Karen Hinton, has alleged the governor summoned her to his "dimly-lit" hotel room and hugged her after a work event about 21 years ago, The Washington Post reported.

Hinton told the news outlet that she was a consultant for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, which was run by Cuomo, at the time of the incident.

Stern issued another statement to The Sun on the Director of Communications for the Governor's behalf, regarding Hinton's claims.

Peter Ajemian said in the statement: "This did not happen.

"Karen Hinton is a known antagonist of the Governor's who is attempting to take advantage of this moment to score cheap points with made up allegations from 21 years ago. 

"All women have the right to come forward and tell their story — however, it's also the responsibility of the press to consider self-motivation.  This is reckless."

"The people of this state elected the Governor to represent them four times during the last 14 years and they know he works day and night for them," added Azzopardi.

"There is no secret these are tough jobs, and the work is demanding, but we have a top tier team with many employees who have been here for years, and many others who have left and returned.

"The Governor is direct with employees if their work is sub-par because the people of New York deserve nothing short of excellence. ‎"

Cuomo responded to the "harassment" claims earlier this week and revealed he was "embarrassed."

During a remote briefing mid-week, Cuomo said: "I understand sensitivities have changed, behaviors have changed, and I’m going to learn from it."

Cuomo said on Wednesday, according to his rep: "You know, my usual custom is to kiss and to hug and make that gesture."

The governor previously issued a statement, saying: "To be clear I never inappropriately touched anybody and I never propositioned anybody and I never intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable, but these are allegations that New Yorkers deserve answers to."

Source: Read Full Article