'Sussex Survivors' Club' revealed: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's ex-staff at centre of Duchess 'bullying' storm

THEY'VE been described as the 'Sussex Survivor's Club' after a turbulent time working for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Amid claims of difficult demands, tears and upset they have, for one reason or another, dramatically parted ways with the Duke and Duchess.

? Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...

Now, as the Queen investigates bullying allegations against Meghan, 39, we take a look at the ex-aides allegedly "driven out" amid Megxit.

Harry and Meghan have denied all claims of impropriety, describing a "smear campaign" against them. But here's those caught up in the storm.

MELISSA TOUBATI

Melissa Toubati, 41, worked as Meghan's personal assistant, and has worked for Robbie Williams and Madonna in the past.

She helped prepare the Sussexes' wedding in 2018.

Ms Toubati, who is originally from France, quit working for the couple after just six months and began working for the super-rich Livingstone family.

SAMANTHA COHEN

Samantha Cohen, from Australia, was the assistant private secretary for the Queen.

She had reportedly wanted to quit Buckingham Palace in 2018, but stayed on to help Meghan as she joined the Royals.

She became Harry and Meghan's private secretary.

Ms Cohen left the post in 2019, and began working for environmental charity Cool Earth.

SAMANTHA CARRUTHERS

Samantha Carruthers was the head of HR for Prince Charles and Prince William until 2019.

She worked for De Beers and Lazard before working for the Royal Family.

Ms Carruthers is now deputy chair of the board of trustees for Winston's Wish, a children's charity.

JASON KNAUF

Jason Knauf, 36, first began working for the Royals in 2014.

The American had previously been a "crisis management expert" at the Royal Bank of Scotland, and has a master's degree from the London School of Economics.

He was communications secretary for Harry, Meghan, William and Kate until the couples created separate offices two years ago.

He works now as the boss of William and Kate's charity foundation.

SIMON CASE

Simon Case had worked as the private secretary to prime ministers Theresa May and David Cameron.

He was the youngest head of the civil service for more than a century when he became Cabinet Secretary aged 41.

Mr Case was reportedly told about bullying allegations against the Duchess of Sussex in 2018.

Downing Street said Boris Johnson continued to have full confidence in Mr Case.

A Cambridge graduate, Mr Case also worked as the director of strategy for Government Communications Headquarters.

Mr Case was private secretary to Prince William, and received an email from Jason Knauf about alleged bullying.

ROYAL PROBE

The Queen launched a bombshell probe following claims Meghan had bullied royal staff.

The investigation will look into allegations made in The Times that Meghan left behind “a lot of broken people”.

This include aides described as being “completely destroyed”, it is alleged.

In an unprecedented move, the Palace released a statement saying they were "very concerned" and "won't tolerate harassment".

Meghan said she was “saddened” by the claims and strenuously denies them.

Prince Harry and Meghan's tell-all Oprah Winfrey interview airs this weekend, as his grandfather Prince Philip continues his recovery from heart surgery in hospital.

There have been calls to delay the airing of the chat with Oprah Winfrey, which will air in the UK on Monday, out of respect for unwell Philip.

Source: Read Full Article