Woman claims she was raped by Jeffrey Epstein when she was 17
Woman claims she was raped by Jeffrey Epstein at his New York mansion at 17 while Prince Andrew was in another room and the billionaire pedophile said: ‘I know you love it’
- Caroline Kaufman, 26, accused Epstein of raping her during a ‘modeling interview’ in December 2010 in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday
- Kaufman claims she was introduced to Prince Andrew during her visit to Epstein’s Manhattan mansion
- The lawsuit says the rape took place after Kaufman was photographed naked by ‘an older woman’ she now believes to be Ghislaine Maxwell
- Maxwell, Epstein’s alleged madam, was arrested Thursday morning in New Hampshire on suspicion of child sex trafficking
- Prince Andrew was previously accused of having sex with one of Epstein’s other victims, Virginia Roberts Giuffre
- The Duke unequivocally denied having engaged in sex with minors and claims he had no knowledge of Epstein’s criminal behavior
- Kaufman’s suit does not accuse Prince Andrew of any wrongdoing or of being aware of the alleged assault
Jeffrey Epstein allegedly raped a 17-year-old girl in his Manhattan mansion while Prince Andrew was there, DailyMail.com can reveal.
Caroline Kaufman, now 26, accused Epstein of raping her during a ‘modeling interview’ in December 2010 in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday in the Southern District of New York.
The lawsuit claims the assault took place after Kaufman was photographed naked by ‘an older woman’ she now believes to be Ghislaine Maxwell – Epstein’s alleged madam who was arrested Thursday morning in New Hampshire on suspicion of child sex trafficking.
Maxwell is accused of enticing underage girls to travel for sex, actually having sex with them and Epstein and later lying about it under oath in depositions when she was being sued by Virginia Giuffre Roberts, one of Epstein’s accusers who says she had sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17.
Prince Andrew has unequivocally denied having engaged in sex with minors and claims he had no knowledge of Epstein’s criminal behavior.
Representatives for the Duke of York did not immediately return DailyMail.com’s request for comment about Kaufman’s lawsuit.
The suit does not accuse Prince Andrew of any wrongdoing or of being aware of the alleged assault, merely claiming that Kaufman met him while at Epstein’s mansion.
Caroline Kaufman (pictured) claims she was raped by Jeffrey Epstein when she was 17 years old during ‘modeling interview’ at his Manhattan mansion in 2010
In a federal lawsuit, Kaufman claimed that Epstein raped her after she was photographed naked by ‘an older woman’ she now believes to be Ghislaine Maxwell, the financier’s alleged madam. Maxwell (above with Epstein) was arrested Thursday on sex trafficking charges
Kaufman claims she was introduced to Prince Andrew when she visited Epstein’s home around December 2010. Prince Andrew and Epstein were pictured together in Central Park that same month (above)
Kaufman’s suit alleges that she was ‘recruited’ by one of Epstein’s ‘close associates’, Susan Hamblin, at a horse show in Lake Placid, New York, when she was 16 in early 2010.
‘Hamblin approached Kaufman to ask her if she was a “model,”‘ the documents said.
‘Hamblin then told Kaufman that her “boss” could help Kaufman get into the modeling industry. During these conversations, Kaufman made clear to Hamblin that she was only 16 years old at that time.’
Months later Kaufman agreed to visit Epstein’s $56million home on the Upper East Side in around December, after repeated calls from Hamblin.
Kaufman claims that Epstein’s ‘close associate’ Susan Hamblin (pictured) ‘recruited’ her by approaching the then-16-year-old at a horse show and asking if she wanted to be a model
While at the mansion she was introduced to several people including Prince Andrew – who was photographed walking around Central Park with Epstein around the same time – according to the suit.
Kaufman claims that during the visit she was taken into a private area and told to undress for an older woman who took photos of her naked. She believes that woman was Maxwell.
After the photoshoot, ‘Maxwell advised Kaufman that her “boss” wanted to meet her,’ the legal filing states.
‘Kaufman then put a bikini back on and was escorted by Maxwell into a massage room. Epstein was nude on the massage table as she entered the room.
‘After Maxwell left the room, Epstein got up off the table, grabbed Kaufman and threw her against the massage table.
‘During this encounter, Epstein vaginally and anally raped Kaufman, while saying: ”I know you love it.”
‘Kaufman was screaming for help during this encounter, but no one came to her rescue.’
‘Upon finishing, Epstein left the room … and [Kaufman] started hyperventilating. She then exited the massage room.’
After the encounter Hamblin allegedly gave Kaufman $500 in cash and told her: ‘Mr. Epstein is a very powerful man and he knows presidents. If you say anything he will kill you and your family.’
Kaufman suffered ‘extreme distress, humiliation, fear, psychological trauma, loss of dignity and self esteem and invasion of her privacy’ from the assault, the suit states.
She explained the trauma in gut-wrenching detail in an interview with The Sun, revealing how her arms are covered in scars from the times she attempted to harm herself.
‘I’ve had to live in darkness. I’ve been severely suicidal,’ she said. ‘I was very social and outgoing and then afterwards just very antisocial. I didn’t want to talk to anybody.’
‘I had dreams of being a supermodel. And also I had dreams of working with the horses and everything,’ she continued.
‘I turned 18 and I became a stripper. I was working at a club all the time and not thinking I had any meaning left.
‘I didn’t think anyone wanted me for anything besides sex.’
Kaufman (pictured) recounted the alleged assault in an interview with The Sun, describing how she became suicidal and abandoned her modeling dreams to become a stripper because: ‘I didn’t think anyone wanted me for anything besides sex’
Kaufman’s suit names Epstein’s estate and its executors, Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn, as defendants. It accuses Epstein of using women to ‘recruit’ and ‘manipulate’ his young female victims, offering modeling opportunities or money.
In her legal filing, Kaufman is demanding damages and legal costs from Epstein’s estate, along with a jury trial of the civil case.
‘Epstein and his co-conspirators enticed Kaufman to cross state lines, with the full knowledge and intent to sexually exploit Kaufman,’ the filing states.
‘Epstein intentionally committed sexual misconduct and rape in the first degree by sexually assaulting Plaintiff when she was 17 years old.
‘As described above, Epstein, vaginally and anally forced himself upon the intimate parts of Plaintiff’s body in an offensive and sexual manner without her consent.
‘Epstein’s encounters with girls and young women, as well as his trafficking scheme, involved recruiting young females by making false promises and using his wealth, power and threats to intimidate the females into submission to his demands.
‘This same pattern was repeated numerous times with numerous young women.’
The documents claimed Epstein and his alleged conspirators then used ‘financial power, promises, and threats’ to ensure their victims ‘remained compliant with their demands’.
It says the financier ‘hired staff to maintain and keep secret this network of sexual abuse for years’ and said that his alleged crimes were perpetrated in New York, Florida, New Mexico, the United States Virgin Islands, and Paris’.
The lawsuit accused Epstein of using women to ‘recruit’ and ‘manipulate’ his young female victims, offering modeling opportunities or money. Kaufman is pictured (left)
Kaufman is being represented by Spencer Kuvin, an attorney who has represented several of Epstein’s other victims.
‘On behalf of Caroline we are filing this claim against the estate so that she can receive some type of recovery for what Mr Epstein did to her,’ Kuvin told The Sun.
‘We’re also going to be sending her claim to the fund and allowing the fund administrator to evaluate her claim as well. And hopefully she will receive some type of justice at the end of all this.’
He added: ‘The goal is for all of these women to come forward to be heard and receive a fair and compassionate hearing of their story and just compensation.’
Kuvin also took aim at Prince Andrew, who is accused of refusing to cooperate with US prosecutors investigating Epstein’s co-conspirators.
‘At the end of the day Prince Andrew is yet to step forward with an answer for why he attended events at both Mr Epstein’s mansion in New York, Palm Beach and the Virgin Islands,’ the attorney said.
‘He is yet to explain what he was doing there, why he was there, who he was with and the circumstances under why he was attending these events.
‘And we know for certain he was at Mr Epstein’s mansion even after Mr Epstein had been convicted in Florida of soliciting under age girls for prostitution because there was photographs of him standing in the doorway. Those photos were taken after the conviction.
‘He has failed to answer for his actions.’
Prince Andrew claims he has offered three times to be a witness in the case, but US prosecutors say he has declined their request to schedule an interview.
A source close to the Duke’s working group told DailyMail.com: ‘The Duke’s team remains bewildered given that we have twice communicated with the DOJ in the last month and to-date, we have had no response.’
Acting Manhattan US Attorney Audrey Strauss urged Prince Andrew to make himself available for an interview during a Thursday press conference announcing the charges against Maxwell.
‘We would welcome Prince Andrew coming in to talk to us, we would like to have the benefit of his statement,’ Strauss said.
Virginia Roberts Giuffre claims that Maxwell arranged for her to have sex with Prince Andrew at her London townhouse in 2001. The Duke has unequivocally denied Giuffre’s allegations, despite a photo )above) appearing to show the three of them together that year
Prince Andrew has previously said he became friends with Epstein in 1999 after being introduced to him through Maxwell.
Their friendship appeared to continue even after Epstein was convicted of child sex crimes in 2008 and served 13 months as part of a ‘sweetheart deal’ with prosecutors – as the Duke of York stayed at the financier’s Manhattan home in December 2010.
Prince Andrew’s relationship with Epstein was thrust into the spotlight after Epstein was hit with a slew of sex trafficking charges last July and died by apparent suicide in his New York City jail cell in August.
In a car-crash interview with BBC last November, Prince Andrew stated that he went to Epstein’s home in 2010 to cut his ties with the millionaire – but said he did not regret their friendship.
During the same interview the Duke firmly rejected allegations brought by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, one of many women allegedly sex trafficked by Epstein as a teenager.
Giuffre claims that Maxwell arranged for her to have sex with Prince Andrew at her London townhouse when she was 17 in 2001.
The Duke has denied ever having met Giuffre – despite a photo which appeared to show the pair at a party that year.
‘At no stage during the limited time I spent with [Epstein] did I see, witness or suspect any behavior of the sort that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction,’ he said.
The Palace denied Giuffre’s allegations in a statement last fall, which read: ‘Any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors is categorically untrue.
‘It is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact with Virginia Roberts. Any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation.’
Maxwell has also denied any involvement in Epstein’s sex crimes.
Read Kaufman’s full lawsuit below:
Source: Read Full Article